Pressing Esc in a modal dialog with an autocomplete window shown dismisses the dialog instead of the autocomplete window
|Reported by:||PB||Owned by:|
How to reproduce:
- Invoke a dialog than can be closed by pressing <Esc> that has a text control with an autocompleter (e.g. wxDirPickerCtrl).
- Type something into the control so that autocomplete window pops up.
- Attempt to dismiss the the autocomplete window by pressing Esc.
- Instead of closing the autocomplete window, the whole dialog goes away.
I find this behaviour rather unintuitive and even annoying and this is not how it behaves in native Windows applications when using SHAutocomplete() on an edit control.
wxWidgets rev. 70543
VC++ 2008 Express
I created a patch to the minimal sample to demonstrate the issue; when running it type an "a" into the edit box and press <Esc> once the autocomplete window shows.
Change History (9)
Changed 3 years ago by PB
Changed 8 months ago by zhchbin
comment:6 Changed 8 months ago by VZ
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from confirmed to closed