Win2008 VNC 4 and standard dialogs sample
|Reported by:||Hexamail||Owned by:|
Under Windows 2008 (maybe other platforms) the dialogs sample app shows standard popup dialogs as very small/invsisible if a VNC session is started during the lifetime of the sample dialogs app.
This only happens if the VNC Server option Optimize Screen Capture is enabled
1) Install VNC Server (tested with v4) with default settings
2) Open the Dialogs sample application
3) Open a messagebox
4) close messagebox
5) connect from a remote vncclient
6) Open the messagebox - it wont show but the app loses focus, so the dialog is created small/invisible
7) press ESC/RETURN to close the dialog
8) EXIT and reopen the dialogs sample application
9) Open messagebox - it now works.
So its something to do with the wxwidgets framework not handling some sort of screen/display size/redirection message during the lifetime of an application.
A video (3MB) showing the problem is here:
If anyone can point us in the right direction as to where the issue may lie we can investigate further, but our knowledge of Windows DC/display drivers is limited and we can't see anything obviously wrong.