Opened 11 years ago

Closed 11 years ago

#12185 closed defect (fixed)

Updated a few version strings to 2.9.1 and some dates

Reported by: disc Owned by:
Priority: normal Milestone:
Component: documentation Version: stable-latest
Keywords: Cc:
Blocked By: Blocking:
Patch: yes

Description

Updated a few version strings to 2.9.1 and some dates

Some version strings were still set to 2.9.0 instead of 2.9.1. The patch I'm attaching changes those files to use 2.9.1 and updates docs/tech/tn0011.txt as well as the script at misc/scripts/inc_release .
I've synchronised the order of the technote and the script (alphabetically) which might make it a little hard to see the exact changes so I'll elaborate on them.

Technote changes:

  • I removed include/msvc/wx/setup.h because I didn't see any literal version references there anymore
  • removed files that were deleted: build/script/win_docs.bat and distrib/scripts/build-environ.cfg
  • mentioned borland_ide.cpp only needs major release changes
  • added build/osx/wxvers.xcconfig, docs/doxygen/latexdocstart.inc (this one was already in the script but not in the tn), samples/Info.plist, and samples/docview/Info.plist

Script changes:

  • removed src/wxWindows.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj. This file is rather unusable because it's very outdated and hopefully project files at build/osx/ will be used (which don't have a version reference btw).
  • fixed updating version of docs/doxygen/latexdocstart.inc . For me this one remained unchanged (I'm on OS X.6.4) when running the script (after first changing it from 2.9.0 to 2.9.1 manually), and I wonder if it updated for others because this file was still set to 2.9.0 while the other files referenced in this script did get updated. Note that I'm not familiar with scripting and just removed some characters from the beginning of the sed search pattern for this file.
  • removed files that were deleted: build/script/win_docs.bat and distrib/scripts/build-environ.cfg
  • added build/osx/wxvers.xcconfig, samples/Info.plist, and samples/docview/Info.plist

I also updated the copyright years in the 2 mentioned Info.plist files. As well as be so bold to change the month in docs/doxygen/mainpages/manual.h from April to July (not too bold or I would have used June).

Attachments (1)

versions.patch download (6.9 KB) - added by disc 11 years ago.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (2)

Changed 11 years ago by disc

comment:1 Changed 11 years ago by VZ

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from new to closed

(In [64913]) Replace remaining references to 2.9.0 with 2.9.1.

Also update the tech note listing the places that need to be changed when a
new version is released and the script which updates them automatically.

Finally update a couple of copyright years.

Closes #12185.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.